Unofficial Translation: Shinui Plan To Renew The Peace Process
Aaron Lerner Date: 18 November 2003
The following is IMRA's unofficial translation of the Shinui plan
unanimously adopted by the Shinui Knesset Faction.
17 November 2003
Shinui Plan To Renew The Peace Process
1. The Government of Israel will renew the peace process with the Abu Ala
government with the intention of reaching an arrangement in accordance with
the Road Map.
2. The Prime Minister will meet with Abu Ala, and ministers of the
Government will meet with their counterpart Palestinian ministers in order
to bring about cooperation in the matters of their ministries.
3. An unlimited cease-fire will be declared.
4. The Palestinian Authority will make every effort and will be responsible
for the ending of terror and the break up of the terror organizations,
either by force or by peaceful means. Israel will stop all targeted killing,
except against terrorists who continue to initiate and carry out acts of
5. The incitement against Israel and Jews in all the Palestinian media,
mosques, public institutions and educational institutions will cease.
6. Israel will permit, in stages, the entrance of Palestinian workers to
Israel, with the exception of people who are suspected of belonging to
terror organizations. Israel will act for the establishment of centers of
employment within the areas of Judea, Samaria and Gaza that will become
alternative centers of employment when the day comes.
7. Israel will release in stages the frozen funds of the Authority with
American supervision and only if the funds are not used to finance acts of
8. If the ease-fire holds, Israel will replace the settlers in Netzarim with
soldiers, with the idea to also evacuate them when the time comes.
9. Israel will remove the illegal outposts, will not erect new outposts and
settlements and will not expand those existing, except for the needs of
10. The Government will hold new deliberations of the matter of the route of
the security fence with the goal of building a simpler and less expensive
11. Assuming that the cease-fire holds, Israel will withdraw its
encirclement of the cities, remove the roadblocks and the mounds of earth
blocking roads with the intention of completely clearing out from Area A, in
order to enable the Palestinian residents free movement and self rule.
12. Israel will release the Palestinian prisoners who do not have "blood on
their hands" and for whom there is no security reason to hold them, in
With regards to the matter of the future of Netzarim, as it appears in
Paragraph 8 of the Shinui Plan To Renew the Peace Process, four members of
the faction, Minister Danberg, Deputy Minster Brailovsky and MKs Doron and
Yasinov will receive freedom to vote to the extent that this matter comes up
in the Knesset Plenum.
[Gal Segal, the Spokesperson for Shinui, told IMRA today that while the
program does not explicitly condition the replacement of Netzarim settlers
with soldier on the PA breaking up the terror organizations that "it follows
Dr. Aaron Lerner, Director IMRA (Independent Media Review & Analysis)
(mail POB 982 Kfar Sava)
Tel 972-9-7604719/Fax 972-3-7255730
INTERNET ADDRESS: email@example.com
pager 03-6106666 subscriber 4811