|Sunday, April 29, 2007|
|BESA Center presents "Dror Report"on Lebanon War|
BESA Center presents "Dror Report"on Lebanon War
Dr.Aaron Lerner - IMRA 29 April 2007
Prof. Yehezkel Dror, a member of the Winograd Committee, prepared and
He authorized BESA to release the draft of the report in light of the
The report can be found in Hebrew at
BESA's press release in Hebrew provides a number of excerpts:
Page 12: War was a "system failure"
Page 26: High tech weapons systems that are very effective against states
Page 21: A deep and painful reform is required including the replacement of
Pages 32-33 lists questions that the prime minister and his advisors should
- What are the principle alternatives that the IDF can carry out within set
- What are the principle goals of each alternative?
- What will the situation be at the end of it?
- What is the possible range of expected outcomes in military achievements
- What are the expected short term and long term ramifications vis-a-vis
- What are the ramification regarding Israel's deterrence, diplomatic plans
- With regard to every alternative, what IDF forces are required during the
- What are the principle uncertainties?
- What can go wrong?
- What is a pessimistic projection of the outcome?
- What of the concern of "losing control" and the situation worsening an
- What are these answers based on?
- Have staff and force exercises served as a basis for these projections?
- To what extent are the forces and the methods of operation ready for the
-Does the IDF rely on weapons and methods of operation that have yet to be
- What of preparation of reserve forces? Are they properly trained and
- What of preparations of the homefront? What attacks and damage can be
- To what extent is the intelligence reliable and complete that serves as
- How were estimates made regarding the effect on the enemy and their
- Are these answers acceptable to all the entire senior officers?
- What are their objections?
- After taking all this into account, what is the IDF's first and second
Pages 75-78: Significant consideration is required regarding defense of the
|Search For An Article|
|POB 982 Kfar Sava
|email:email@example.com||IMRA is now also on Twitter