POLLARD'S LETTER TO LINDENSTRAUSS: FOLLOW THE MONEY Trail!Justice4JPnews -
March 28, 2008
To: Judge Micha Lindenstrauss
From: Jonathan Pollard
March 27,2008 B"H
VIA FACSIMILE and REGULAR MAIL [Relayed via
Attorney Larry Dub]
Dear Judge Lindenstrauss,
RE: Government accusations that you are "torpedoing efforts" for my release
Allow me to respond as follows:
1) The Israeli media attack on your credibility and motive which occurred
on Wednesday (26 March 2008) where anonymous government officials accuse you
of "torpedoing delicate efforts" to secure my release is NOT about efforts
to secure my release. Nor is this attack (as MK Orlev suggested) political
revenge by Olmert against you. It is about MONEY!
2) The letter I sent to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on March 24th (cc to
your office) asking him to account for 23 years of funds that have
apparently been misappropriated and illegally reallocated, was called to the
PM's attention when journalist Udi Segal (Arutz2) contacted his office for
a response, before presenting my letter on the 8 o'clock evening news.
3) In my letter, I asked the Prime Minister why his office insists on
disseminating lies saying that my wife, I and my associates are receiving
full financial support from the government, when in fact we have never
received a single cent from the Government of Israel in the 23 years that I
have been in prison.
4) If the Government claims it is allocating resources for me and my wife,
but we have never received the money, then who is getting the money?
5) As former PM Ehud Barak memorialized in a letter (which we supplied to
your office) there is no secret bank account for me in Israel. No funds
waiting for me. So again, the question must be raised, where are 23 years of
funds that the government owes, and which it claims it is providing to me
and my wife?
6) This apparent financial malfeasance on the part of the Government may
well be just the tip of the iceberg. If you follow the money trail, you may
uncover something much bigger than mere financial corruption.
7) Has the Government of Israel been using the Pollard case as a cover for
some much larger "SLUSH FUND" all these years? Or is it something worse? It
is the task of your investigation to find this out.
8) Allow me to reassure you one more time: your investigation of the
Israeli Government's handling of the Pollard case can not torpedo efforts to
secure my release. There are no efforts to secure my release.
9) One man and one man alone can free me - George Bush; and one man has to
make the official request for my release - Ehud Olmert. Our sources in
Washington confirm that Olmert has not asked for my release.
10) I can be home in time for Passover. The only thing
standing in the way of my immediate release is that Olmert's unwillingness
to have me home is well known to the President.
11) The rumors that Bush will free me as a gesture to
Israel either for the 60th anniversary or at the end of his term are
unfounded. Bush will not make a gesture to Israel which Israel has not asked
for and which the PM does not want!
12) If your investigation will carefully investigate the
money issues I have raised, it is my strong conviction that when the truth
is finally revealed, it will cause a virtual earthquake in Israel. Perhaps
we will finally understand the real reason that the Israeli establishment
did not want me home.
In conclusion: I urge you, Judge Lindenstrauss, not to be deterred and not
to be side-tracked. Bookkeeping is not a matter of opinion. Receipts and
signatures are black and white. Follow the money trail! That is where you
will find the truth about the Government's "failure" to secure my release
from the hands of our closest friend and ally for the last 23 years.
Cc MK Zevulun Orlev