The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Unit (COGAT)
Restricted Import List Gaza Strip 2013
Ever since the terrorist organization Hamas took control of the Gaza Strip
seven years ago and escalated attacks (rockets, IEDs, sniper, etc.) against
residents of southern Israel, materials entering Gaza have been regulated so
as to prevent strengthening the terrorist group's capabilities. As of
October 2012, the State of Israel has updated and expanded the civil policy
regarding imports to the Gaza Strip. The list of restricted materials has
been revised and shortened as part of the ongoing Israeli efforts to relax
restrictions on civilian goods entering Gaza. Items and materials that
remain on the restricted list are all weapons, military materials, and
LIST OF RESTRICTED MATERIALS:
All items not mentioned in this document are free to be imported and
exported to and from Gaza. Requests for special authorizations to transfer
any of the listed restricted items to Gaza are possible and are coordinated
by the Coordination and Liaison Administration (CLA) to Gaza. Dual-use items
required for projects, approved by the Palestinian Authority, will be
allowed to enter Gaza, subject to supervision by a recognized international
Missile equipment and munitions have been strictly forbidden from entering
into Gaza as declared in the Defense Export Control Order of 2008.
Restrictions on dual-use items, items which have been designated for
civilian use yet can be utilized in military situations are subject to heavy
regulation and are listed in appendixes A & B.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The State of Israel's goal is to minimize restrictions of goods allowed to
enter into Gaza as much as possible. However the security situation between
the State of Israel and the ruling power in Gaza, Hamas, has forced Israel
to maintain its restrictions on Gaza imports. Hamas has continuously proven
its determination in sabotaging Israeli efforts to loosen restrictions on
goods by its continued offensive against Israel.
Appendix A: Controlled Dual Use Items
1. Fertilizers or any mixture containing choleric potassium with
concentrations greater than 5%.
2. Fibers or textiles containing carbon (carbon fibers or graphite fibers),
a. Chopped carbon fibers.
b. Carbon roving.
c. Carbon strand.
d. Carbon fabric tape.
3. Glass fiber-based raw materials, including:
a. Chopped glass fibers.
b. Glass roving
c. Glass strand.
d. Glass fabric tape.
5. Fibers or fabrics featuring polyethylene, also known as Dyneema.
6. Retro detection devices.
7. Gas tanks.
8. Drilling equipment.
9. Equipment for the production of water from drillings.
10. Vinyl esther resins.
11. Epoxy resins.
12. Hardeners for epoxy resins featuring chemical groups of durable or
reliable types, including:
a. DETA – diethylenetriamine.
b. TETA – thiethylenetramine.
c. AEP – aminoethylpiperazine.
e. Jeffamine T-403.
f. Catalyst 4,5,6,22,23,105, 140, 145,150,179,190,240.
h. XZ 92740.00
13. Vinyl esther accelerants, including:
b. Cobalt octoate.
c. MEKP – methylethyl keyone peroxide.
d. AAP – acetyl acetone peroxide.
e. CuHP – cumene hydroperoxide.
14. M or H type HTPB, hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene.
15. Water disinfection materials – solutions with a concentration of over
16. TDI - Toluene diisocyanate.
Appendix B: Dual Use Items for Projects
1. Portland cement (bulk or bags or drums).
2. Natural aggregates, quarry aggregates and all foundation materials.
3. Prepared concrete.
4. Concrete elements and/or precast and/or tensed concrete.
5. Steel elements and/construction products.
6. Concrete for foundations and pillars of any diameter (including welded
7. Steel cables of any thickness.
8. Forms for construction elements of plastic or galvanized steel.
9. Industrial forms for concrete pouring.
10. Beams from composite materials or plastic with a panel thickness of 4mm
11. Thermal insulation materials and/or products excluding roof tiles,
plaster/mortar glue, mosaic tiles, building stone/coating stone/exterior
12. Concrete blocks, silicate, Ytong or equivalent (of any thickness).
13. Building sealing materials or products which include Epoxy or
14. Asphalt and its components (bitumen, emulsion) in bulk or in packages of
15. Steel elements and/or steel working products for construction.
16. Elements and/or products for channeling and drainage from precast
concrete with diameters of over 1 meter.
17. Trailers and/or shipping containers.
18. Vehicles except for personal vehicles (not including 4X4 vehicles),
including construction vehicles.
Additional information available