Poll: Israelis oppose Palestinian State 51%:32% - 31% of Kadima voters would
drop support if thought Kadima supports Pal State
Dr. Aaron Lerner Date 9 February 2009
Telephone poll of a representative sample of 1,894 adult Israelis (including
Israeli Arabs) carried out by Maagar Mohot Survey Institute
(headed by Professor Yitzchak Katz 2-3 February 2009 for Matot Arim.
Statistical error +/- 4.5 percentage points.
1. In light of the experience with disengagement, the Second Lebanon War and
the war against Hamas in Gaza, do you support or oppose the establishment of
an independent Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria?
Greatly oppose 32% Oppose 19% - total oppose 51%
Neither support nor oppose 8%
Support 20% Greatly support 12% - total support 32%
Other replies 9%
% Oppose by party:
Kadima 36% Labor 25% Likud 72% Shas 79% Yisrael Beiteinu 60%
2. In light of the experience with disengagement, the Second Lebanon War and
the war against Hamas in Gaza, would the establishment of an independent
Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria lead to rocket fire on Jerusalem,
Kfar Sava and other cities in central Israel?
Certain no 6% Think no 16% - total no 22%
Yes 22% Absolutely certain 30% - Total yes 52%
Other replies 15%
% Think won't bring rocket attacks by party:
Kadima 27% Labor 53% Likud 12% Shas 6% Yisrael Beiteinu 17%
3. If you knew that the party you plan to vote for supported the
establishment of an independent Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria would
you continue supporting the party or change your vote and vote for a party
that opposes the establishment of such a Palestinian sate?
Continue voting for party 42% Change vote 37% Other replies 21%
By party voting for
Kadima: Would remain 53% Change 31%
Labor: Remain 72% Change 11%
Likud: Remain 28% Change 56%
Shas: Remain 30% Change 43%
Yisrael Beiteinu: Remain 31% Change 58%
Dr. Aaron Lerner, Director IMRA (Independent Media Review & Analysis)
(mail POB 982 Kfar Sava)
Tel 972-9-7604719/Fax 972-3-7255730
INTERNET ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org