|Thursday, February 16, 2012|
|Weekly Commentary: Disappointment Over Handling of Temple Mount Flyer Incident by Moshe Feiglin|
Weekly Commentary: Disappointment Over Handling of Temple Mount Flyer
First the facts as verified in a 13 February interview with Shmuel Sackett,
1. Moshe Feiglin visits the Temple Mount each month.
2. This month, as in previous months, he included an invitation to join
3. Some unidentified third party prepared and distributed a flyer with
Purification of the place from the enemies of Israel, who rob lands,
Without any fear!
Meeting Sunday 19th of Shvat [AL: 12 February]
4. By Friday, 10 February, the organization was aware of the existence of
5. As a matter of policy, no efforts were made to advise anyone –
6. On Sunday 12 February the Police, citing security concerns, did not
I am extremely disappointed in how Moshe Feiglin handled this incident.
The incident, that could have been so easily neutralized, had tremendous
On these grounds alone it was irresponsible of him not to kill the story.
But it goes beyond that.
Moshe Feiglin is not a private individual and his Manhigut Yehudit is also
The story around the world identified the Likud Party with the call to build
Shmuel Sackett argued that Feiglin did not have to issue a denial because
Suffice it to say that the readers of WAFA, SANA and the many other Arab
Moshe Feiglin may want to take a cavalier attitude towards his own
The position that there is no need to engage in what might be termed
The Likud is indeed a “big tent”.
If there is space for Dan Meridor from the left then there is certainly a
But if you are inside the Likud “tent” then you owe the Likud collective to
Dr. Aaron Lerner, Director IMRA (Independent Media Review & Analysis)
|Search For An Article|
|POB 982 Kfar Sava
|email:firstname.lastname@example.org||IMRA is now also on Twitter